Triathlon have announced two further Talent Identification Days in June, one in Antrim, Co Antrim and the other in Greystones, Co Wicklow.
They are looking for junior athletes interested in trying out for our regional talent program. If you are:
- 11 to 21 years old and want to try out for one of the fastest growing and exciting Olympic sports in Ireland;
- have experience of competitive swimming and some running experience.
- then please read on for further details……
They are holding two other days around the country. Details of the two upcoming events are:
- Date: Saturday, 6th June, 2009
- Venue: Antrim Forum, Antrim, Co Antrim
- Time: 9:30am-4pm
- Date: Sunday, 7th June, 2009
- Venue: Greystones Swimming Pool, Greystones, Co Wicklow
- Time: 10:30am-4pm
If you would like to book a place for either of the days then please email email@example.com or call 01 2764934 for further details. Please state which day you would like to attend.
The day will consist of:
- A presentation on the Sport and what is involved in Triathlon training at this level;
- A run time trial (1500m for under 16 year olds and 3km for over 16 year olds);
- A swim time trial (200m for under 16 year olds and 400m for over 16 year olds)
- Athletes that meet the specified standard will be invited to join our regional talent programme.
Please note that the purpose of the day is to identify exceptionally talented young athletes for our regional squads.