The Olympic Youth Camp consists of 420 participants from all over the world and will run for 12 days (6 to 17 August 2008). Each country participating in the 2008 Olympics is sending one boy and one girl to the Olympic Youth Camp.
•All expenses paid including flights, local transportation, accommodation and meals
• Attend the Opening Ceremony of the 2008 Olympic Games
• Attend some Olympic events and visit the Olympic Village
• Attend themed forums and workshops on topics such as ‘Green Olympics’, ‘Cultural Olympics’ and ‘High-Tech Olympics’
• Access to a host of Chinese cultural experiences including Martial Arts, a trip to the Peking Opera, Chinese cooking
• Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Beijing covering The Forbidden City, Tian’an Men Square
• Enjoy an excursion to The Great Wall of China
• Enjoy organised events aimed at enhance cultural interaction between all participants
The 2008 Olympic Youth Camp is located at Beijing 101 Middle School, one of the best high schools in Beijing, and all 420 youth camp participants will live there for the duration of their stay.
The full facilities of the school will be available to the participants and leaders including auditoriums, amphitheatres, 50 classrooms, 7 computer labs and all sporting facilities.