The 2012 Olympic conference is being run by the Olympic Council of Ireland in collaboration with National Federations and the Institutes of sport.
Its being held on the 6th and 7th April at the new Tollymore Conference Centre in Newcastle Co Down.
Over the two days a total of 50 performance staff from Performance leads , head coaches, science and medical support staff and institute service providers working within current sports programmes will attend.
The conference will be led by the OCI management team for London, Sonia O’Sullivan , Stephen Martin and Martin Burke.
The agenda and content for the conference is designed to assist preparations for London 2012.
Some of the key topics covered were as follows:
- Olympic Test events, training camps, 2012 sports schedules, accreditations, performance and team clothing
- Games experiences from an athlete, team leader, coach, and medical viewpoint
- Olympic Team high performance culture
- Press and communication issues and solutions
- Medical and science communication plan
- Working as an inter and multi disciplined teams
The sessions will be facilitated by OCI, Institute and National Federation staff.