Electric Ireland, the Official Energy Partner of Team Ireland for the Rio Olympics, sponsorship campaign The Power Within.
It includes a strategic partnership with RTÉ across TV, radio and digital platforms. Supported by outdoor, PR, social media and an innovative Spotify partnership, it will featureBoxer, Paddy Barnes, Gymnast, Kieran Behan, Rower, Sinéad Jennings and Swimmer, Fiona Doyle.
It also includes sponsorship of the highly anticipated Road to Rio documentary on RTÉ 2 which captures the ecstatic highs and crushing lows of Ireland’s top athletes across a range of disciplines as they train, compete and try to qualify for the 2016 Olympic Games.
Built on the insight that key to Team Ireland athletes success is their unusually high levels of inner belief and resilience which helps them to become part of the 0.0001% of the world’s population that can call themselves an Olympian.
The Power Within is about giving Team Ireland athletes a platform to tell their own stories of how they have overcome disappointment and use their self belief to realise their dreams of becoming an Olympian. Our ambition is that these stories will inspire the Irish nation to look within themselves to find their own Power Within whether it’s the strength to plough through the final kilometre of a 10km run or find the courage to go for that job promotion.
Electric Ireland builds on its strong partnership with the Olympic Council of Ireland having successfully sponsored the Team for the London 2012 Olympics. The campaign won the Best Sponsorship accolade at the prestigious European Sponsorship Awards.
Lisa Browne, Head of Marketing at Electric Ireland said: “We are delighted to once again partner with the Olympic Council of Ireland. It is an honour to support these incredible athletes and to shine a light on their stories. With the biggest ever Olympic team travelling to Rio, excitement is already building with the qualification of the Men’s hockey team and the reintroduction of golf to the Olympic sports programme. We hope that our campaign will inspire the Irish public to get behind the athletes when they take to the world stage in Rio in August.”
Pat Hickey, President of the Olympic Council of Ireland said, “The OCI is delighted to have Electric Ireland on board again as an official sponsor of Team Ireland. Electric Ireland is helping us to ensure that Team Ireland is given every opportunity to maximise and enjoy the Olympic experience.”
Follow the stories at #ThePowerWithin.
Notes to Editor
- Electric Ireland is the retail part of the ESB Group and is Ireland’s leading energy provider with over 1.2 million customers.
- Electric Ireland is a proud sponsor to Team Ireland for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
- Electric Ireland first sponsored Team Ireland for London 2012.
- Electric Ireland first announced its renewed sponsorship in October 2015.
- Electric Ireland has revealed its 2016 campaign – #ThePowerWithin.
- Through a deeper understanding of the mental strength required of elite athletes to represent their country at the Olympic Games, Electric Ireland, aims to share our athletes’ inspiring stories – whether it’s their resilience, how they overcome failure, the fight to get where they are now or even their overall mental strength to keep motivated.
- #ThePowerWithin is recognising your own mental strength as your true competitive advantage. It’s about trusting your instincts, visualising your own future success, and ultimately believing in yourself to overcome any obstacle to achieve a personal goal.
- Electric Ireland recognises that deep within all of us all lies the strength to overcome, the strength to face any obstacle head on, and say, “I will not be defeated, I will rise to the challenge and I will overcome.”
- Electric Ireland’s overall vision is Smarter Living meaning simple ideas that make life better. Today for Irish athletes to achieve qualification and be competitive at the Games they need to continuously seek ways of training smarter, preparing smarter and competing smarter by tapping into #ThePowerWithin. Electric Ireland understand that and are supporting Team Ireland all the way to Rio.
- Cawley Nea TBA is the creative agency while the campaign has PR support from WHPR and Thinkhouse. RTE has produced its sponsorship stings in-house with iconic photography from Sportsfile.